We Made a Difference…
Over 860 volunteers participated in this year’s Days of Caring and everyone made a difference in the communities they worked. United Way says “Thanks” for another successful Days of Caring and the impact made to our community was huge: 862 volunteers from 80 companies, completed 68 projects and donated over 3,448 hours of service…a total value of $76,132 in service to our community.
THANKS to our 2016 Days of Caring Sponsors
What is Day of Caring?
Day of Caring is a mobilization of volunteers to celebrate the spirit of giving through service by providing a morning of meaningful volunteer opportunities to individuals of the community. Volunteers will be assigned to a local organization where they tackle meaningful volunteer projects. No matter what your interests or skills, there is an opportunity for you to get involved. Some projects may include painting a room, cleaning out a flowerbed, or sorting canned food.
When is 2016 Day of Caring?
Ft Walton Beach – Sept. 9th at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast at Shalimar United Methodist Church
DeFuniak Springs/North Walton – Sept. 13th at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast at McLain’s Family Steakhouse
Niceville/Valparaiso – Sept. 14th at 8:00 a.m. with breakfast at Turkey Creek Pavilion
Crestview – Sept. 15th at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast at North Okaloosa Medical Center Cafeteria
Destin/South Walton – Sept. 16th at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast at Destin Community Center
How Can I Participate in Day of Caring?
Fill out the volunteer, sponsorship or agency application and submit it to the United Way. Call the United Way at 850-243-0315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Participate In Day of Caring?
Businesses, employee groups from local corporations, church groups, youth groups, civic and philanthropic groups, United Way supporters, and any caring individual. Everyone is welcome to perform community service tasks to help local organizations in need.
Where Does Day of Caring Begin?
- The day begins with volunteers gathering at chosen locations in each area early am for a rally. There will be donuts, juice, and coffee available.
- Volunteers will be given an explanation of Day of Caring and the importance of giving back to our communities through service. All volunteers will then leave to report to the organization assigned, and work on projects until 12:00 noon.
Why is Day of Caring so important?
- Day of Caring demonstrates that volunteer efforts are vital to the well being of our community.
- Day of Caring provides volunteers with a firsthand look at services provided by local organizations that make an impact on people’s lives.
- Day of Caring showcases our communities’ volunteer efforts and promotes the spirit of caring throughout the year.
- Day of Caring provides many local organizations with much-needed volunteer assistance.
- Day of Caring is a great team building exercise for your family, service organization or employees.
Corporate Sponsorships of $300 will be used to offset the cost of the event including expenses for breakfast, tee shirts, printing and miscellaneous supplies. As a sponsor, your company will be recognized in all media promotions, on all printed materials, on all 800+ Day of Caring Community Kick-off Breakfasts.