Anyone can champion the cause. Whether you’re speaking out to improve education, reaching out to members of Congress, or volunteering to show your support, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. LIVE UNITED is not about Democrat vs. Republican; it’s about understanding our nation’s issues and coming together to solve them.
How can you be an advocate for United Way Emerald Coast?
Learn About Your Representatives
- Search for your Federal, State and Local Representatives by zip code.
- During election years, learn about candidates.
- Learn how your community ranks in academic attainment, income stability and health. Use the United Way Common Good Forecaster, a powerful online tool that lets people see for themselves how improving the education level has a positive impact on several key economic and social measures.
Learn About Pending Legislation
- Learn more about pending legislation and let your representatives know how you feel.
- Register to vote – Then go to the polls!
- Speak Out – Tell your family, your friends, the mom in line at the grocery store who doesn’t know how to pay for it all, the children at school who aren’t reading or learning as well as their friends, the lonely senior stuck at home… Tell them all about United Way Okaloosa and Walton Counties, its Partner Agencies and 2-1-1.