Community Impact is a framework developed to tackle deeply entrenched and complex social problems. It is an innovative and structured approach to making collaboration work across government, business, philanthropy, non-profit organizations and citizens to achieve significant and lasting social change.
Through a Community Impact approach, the United Way Emerald Coast will utilize collaborative strategies to identify and solve key issues facing our community today. Our new investment process will ensure that funding supports programs that meet our community’s most pressing needs and produce measurable results. Community Impact is focused on leading sustainable improvements in Education, Health, and Financial Stability.
United Way Emerald Coast 2020-2021 Goals
- Children enter school prepared and ready to succeed
- Students improve/maintain performance and achieve academic success
- Students graduate high school prepared for post-secondary education or career readiness
- ALICE households move towards financial independence
- Individuals develop skills to increase financial stability
- Individuals and families meet their basic needs and improve self-sufficiency
- Children, adults, and families are physically, emotionally, and mentally healthy
- Individuals improve/maintain their ability to live independently
- Individuals improve their health by reducing unhealthy, risky behaviors