Certified Community Partners
United Way Emerald Coast (UWEC) has the privilege of working with dozens of local non-profit agencies fighting to improve the Health, Education, and Financial Stability of every person in Okaloosa and Walton counties. Together, we are able to support critical services to assist those in need.
There are many benefits in becoming a UWEC Certified Community Partner (CCP). It enhances your organization’s credibility, showing the community (and other funders) that your organization has been reviewed, vetted, and meets standards of excellence through our membership certification process. Each year, our partners are eligible to apply for grant funding thanks to companies and individuals who generously donate to our Annual Campaign.
Additional Benefits in Becoming a CCP
- Ability to mobilize volunteers
- Notification about in-kind donations
- Marketing opportunities
- Reduced designation fees
- Ability to reserve UWEC’s Community Room for trainings and meetings
- Increased visibility with opportunities for speaking engagements and agency tours
- Ability to form connections and collaborations with other non-profits and corporate partners.
How to Become a Certified Community Partner: Our nonprofit partners must meet a set of eligibility criteria and documentation requirements each year. Our application period is open from November 15 – December 20, 2019 (5pm CST). Your agency will be notified about eligibility in January and the annual partnership will be effective through June 2021. All UWEC partners are locally based 501(c)3 organizations that provide program services in Okaloosa and Walton counties.
Please ensure you meet the following criteria, and gather the appropriate information, before you begin your online application:
- Provide program services in Okaloosa and/or Walton counties under at least one of UWEC’s focus areas (Health, Education, and Financial Stability)
- Current with all federal, state, and local filings
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Maintain an administrative and fundraising rate (AFR) at or below 25%
To see a list of the required documents, please click CCP Required Document Checklist.
For more information about becoming a certified partner, please contact Brittnee Orr, Director, Community Impact and Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-243-0315.